The fourth consecutive release of Fedora Electronic Lab is part of those spins, offering the best hardware design and simulation experience with opensource EDA software.
Fedora Electronic Lab 11 Leonidas provides a vibrant environment for designing and simulating ASIC design and embedded design. The opensource EDA solutions are composed to satify high-end mixed-signal hardware design flows from design specification to final project handoff. This release comprises Perl modules to facilitate both design, HDL code generation and brings additional support for Engineering Change Order (ECO). After post chip fabrication, evaluation boards of those chips can also be designed.
- Deployable in both development and production environments.
- No kernel patches are required, making it easy to deploy and use.
- No licenses required and it is free.
Existing RPM packages were updated improve design experience in terms of development time and debugging. The key highlights of the major development items puts the quality barrier higher than the previous releases:
- Perl modules to extend vhdl and verilog support. These Perl modules together with gtkwave improves chip testing support.
- Perl parsers for VHDL, Verilog and SystemC.
- Introduced collaborative development solutions.
- Introduction of Verilog-AMS modeling into ngspice.
- Improved VHDL debugging support with gcov.
- Improved support for re-usable HDL packages as IP core.
- Improved PLI support on both iverilog and ghdl
- Introduction of C-based methodologies for HDL testbenches and models.
- Improved co-simulation based hardware design.
- Introduction of design tools for DSP design flow.
Eclipse, the comprehensive Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for embedded systems is also part of the collection. This IDE is included for the first time on the Livedvd (but available since a long time on Fedora repositories) entails plugins for C++, Perl and Version Control systems (CVS,GIT,SVN).
Download the Fedora Electronic Lab 11 flyer for additional details.
- Analog/Digital/Mixed Signal hardware designers (even Test engineers)
- System Electronic Engineers
- Project Coordinators
- New opensource EDA developers
- Field application engineers
About Fedora Electronic Lab
Fedora Electronic Lab is Fedora's high-end hardware design and simulation platform. This platform provides different hardware design flows based on the semiconductor industry's current trend. FEL maps in new design, simulation and verification methodologies with opensource EDA software.
For more information and download, go to website.